Visx Advanced CustomVue WaveFront Laser
VISX pioneered the development of excimer laser systems and remains the industry leader. More procedures have been performed on the Visx Laser in the United States than all of the other lasers combined. The Visx laser combines Custom treatments with active tracking provides a combination of safety and accuracy.
VISX laser systems have features that HAVE several advantages for you
The Most Advanced Custom Treatment Available
Choosing to have Laser Vision Correction with the VISX Advanced CustomVue Laser means that you have chosen the most advanced laser platform available. More doctors in the United States have chosen to use the VISX laser to perform refractive surgery, including LASIK, than all of the other lasers combined. VISX has been the industry leader since the beginning.
Visx CustomVue offers a broader range of treatment options than any other laser
The Visx laser has the broadest range of indications approved by the FDA of any laser available in the U.S. Dr. Golden uses the VISX Advanced CustomVue Laser to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
Advanced CustomVue gives exceptional results
The technology of the Advanced CustomVue procedure now allows the possibility of better vision after laser correction than previously achieved with glasses or contact lenses. Clinical studies showed that four times as many patients preferred their night vision than previously with their glasses or contact lenses.
Dr. Golden believes that the ability to measure the unique imperfections in the eye of each patient allows for a level of precision not available with older technologies. Visx Custom Wave Front Laser Vision Correction allows for the highest possible level of accuracy available for the greatest range of visual defects.
Active tracking means that the laser tracks the movement of the patient’s eye during the treatment, making adjustments so that the laser treatment is always in the correct position. This means that the treatment can be placed onto the cornea with great precision.
Variable Spot Scanning
The Custom WaveFront VISX laser with active tracking has seven variable sized beams, giving Dr. Golden greater flexibility and allowing for a faster and more tissue conservative treatment. This means that Dr. Golden can treat higher prescriptions with the Visx laser than with other laser platforms.
How can this be possible?
Excimer Laser Technology
The laser itself is based on excimer technology. Excimer is a contraction of two words; “excited dimer. This dimer is a combination of two gases, Argon and Fluorine. These gases have electricity just like in a fluorescent light bulb. The wave length that comes out is 193 nanometers. This wave length is special in that it causes a process called photoablation. Photoablation is a process where the laser energy causes the breakage of carbon-carbon bonds which leads to extraordinary precision. Each laser pulse removes approximately 0.25 microns of tissue. This extraordinary precision allows the measurements taken by the WaveScan analyzer to be translated on to the cornea to optimize its shape to provide best vision for the patient.
This is a human hair that has been etched by the laser.
WaveScan WaveFront System with Fourier Algorithms
Your eyes are as unique as your fingerprint. CustomVue addresses your eyes’ distinct and characteristic shape using the WaveScan WaveFront System and sophisticated mathematical algorithms to capture the eye’s unique imperfections with far greater accuracy than ever before possible. WaveScan technology creates a detailed map of your eye’s optical system and then that information is digitally sent to the laser performing your LASIK surgery.
Facts to Remember
- WaveFront technology was developed to fine tune the focus of lenses in the Hubble telescope.
- This technology has been applied to Laser Vision Correction in the Visx Star S4 laser.
- Advanced CustomVue represents the modern generation of Laser Vision Correction using the extraordinary precision of the Excimer Laser with the ability to measure the visual system with the WaveScan Wave Front System. This provides twenty-five times the accuracy that is available with standard laser treatment.
- Advanced CustomVue procedures use WaveScan WaveFront technology which has established a new standard for measurement and correction of the unique imperfections in each individual’s eyes.
- WaveFront-guided Advanced CustomVue which enables Dr. Golden to measure and then correct the unique imperfections in each individual’s eyes not previously possible using standard methods for older style laser treatment, glasses or contact lenses. Each treatment is “designed” by the unique characteristics of the individual’s eyes.
- Custom WaveFront treatments can potentially produce better vision than is possible with an individual’s best pair of glasses or contact lenses allowing each person treated their “Personal Best Vision.”
- Active tracking means that the laser will not treat the wrong part of the cornea if the patient is moving.
- In FDA clinical studies, four times as many participants were very satisfied with their night vision after the VISX Advanced CustomVue treatment, compared to their night vision before with glasses and contact lenses.
- This precise level of measurement and correction can enable individuals to achieve the full potential of their vision—your Personal Best Vision™.
- The Advanced CustomVue procedure with the use of Wave Scan technology created by VISX, was developed for use in telescopes to reduce aberrations in the lenses to better view objects in space.
- Measures imperfections in an individual’s eye 25 times more precisely than standard methods for glasses or contact lenses.
- Advanced CustomVue™ procedures use WaveScan™ technology, which enables Dr. Golden to measure and correct unique imperfections in each individual’s eyes, previously not possible using standard methods for glasses or contact lenses.